Assistant Accounting Manager
We are a team of talented lighting designers comprised of architects, engineers, interior designers and more, working in a collaborative, creative, fun, and respectful environment. You are an experienced accounting/bookkeeping professional who can support the Accounting Manager (Cambridge, MA) with accounting operations and help develop processes and controls to position the company for continued growth. Future opportunities for advancement to the Accounting Manager position exist.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential job duties shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with all aspects of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Prepare monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, reviewing for accuracy, and prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly financial reports for management
- Assist with processing employee payroll and expenses
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system, both paper and electronic
- Collaborate and work with tax accountants, payroll service and insurance brokers
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (preferred)
- 2+ years of full charge accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Proficient with accounting software (Deltek Vision preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner, with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
About Lam Partners
Lam Partners is a well-established architectural lighting design firm with studios in Cambridge, MA, and Pittsburgh, PA. We combine the experience and professionalism nurtured over nearly 60 years of our firm’s history. For more information, please visit: www.lampartners.com.
We support our staff’s professional development with generous stipends and time off. We believe that a healthy personal life is essential to an effective professional life, and allow for flexible work hours and consideration of family commitments. Benefits include health, dental and retirement plans.
All applicants should send a resume (or a link to online versions) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please respond by email only — no phone calls.
Note: Applicants must have legal status allowing them to work in the United States.