Lighting in the public realm has taken on new dimensions in the ever-changing LED era. However, the same sound lighting principles of brightness perception, uniformity and glare control still apply. Our office has the experience to develop lighting solutions with your team for building façades, streetscapes, parks and other urban environments.
Electric Lighting Design services for:
- Building façades
- Street lighting
- Campus and urban development master-planning
- Should we use static white light or dynamic colored light to accent the exterior of our building at night?
- How can we effectively illuminate our building without spilling light over our property line or polluting the sky?
- What are effective ways to provide low, comfortable lighting for paths and sidewalks?
- How do we meet the requirements for pedestrian, cyclist and driver safety, while still providing a comfortable luminous environment?
Exterior lighting often requires the development of lighting calculations to verify minimum light levels, and renderings to see the effects of lighting on forms and surfaces—we do it all.
Testing ideas in real life is critical, particularly for exterior details. We have a whole vault of supplies to make mock-ups as productive as possible.
If you need documentation for city approvals, LEED certifications, or other technical documentation, Lam Partners has you covered. Learn more about our LEED and Energy Code services here.