Senior Lighting Designer — Three or more Years of Experience
We are… a team of talented lighting designers, comprised of architects, engineers, interior designers, industrial designers, and theatrical designers, working in a collaborative, creative, fun, and respectful environment. We work with the world’s best architects on projects of all types, interior and exterior. We are leaders in developing and applying the latest digital tools to lighting design, such as 3Ds Max, Rhino/Grasshopper, and Climate Studio. We form a team for each project, so everyone has a chance to learn from our collective experience and work on many project types. Every member of a project team participates in and contributes to the design process. We support everyone's professional development with twice-weekly in-house training sessions, and on an individual basis with mentoring.
You are… a lighting designer with at least three years of experience working as an architectural lighting designer, who is ready to join a team in which you will be given challenging and exciting work, and be surrounded by the best lighting design talent who will support you in your professional growth.
As a Senior Lighting Designer at Lam Partners you will:
- Be responsible for managing lighting design projects
- Take the lead in developing design solutions for your projects
- Collaborate directly with Principals as a team for each project
- Support our senior project managers on large and complex projects
Your skills include:
- Demonstrated experience and skills in managing lighting design projects
- An appreciation and understanding of architectural design and building systems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively visualize and communicate design ideas
- Creative thinking, expressed through completed design projects
- An understanding of 3D modeling and advanced design software
- Proficiency in the use of Revit for lighting design
- A keen eye for detail and an attention to accuracy of design documentation
- Clear and effective writing and verbal communication
- Hand sketching
About Lam Partners
Lam Partners is a well-established architectural lighting design firm, with studios in Cambridge, MA, and Pittsburgh, PA. We combine experience and professionalism nurtured over the 60 years of our firm’s history with the creativity, flexibility, responsiveness, and cutting-edge technical excellence demanded for today’s projects. Our project portfolio is very diverse, covering all types of buildings and exterior environments, located across the US and around the world. Our work includes interior and exterior electric lighting design, as well as daylighting design. Lam Labs, our R&D venture, provides an outlet for designers to explore ideas outside of typical projects. For more information, please visit: www.lampartners.com.
We believe that a healthy personal life is essential to an effective professional life, and allow for flexible work hours, opportunities to work from home, and consideration of family commitments. In addition to an excellent benefits package, we support our staff’s professional development with generous stipends, time off, and reimbursements for exams, recertification fees, and membership dues.
All applicants should send a resume and portfolio (or a link to online versions) to email@example.com. If you have a connection to a current Lam Partners staff member, please note this in your cover letter.