Lighting Designer - Entry Level to Three Years
We are… a team of talented lighting designers, comprised of architects, engineers, interior designers and more, working in a collaborative, creative, fun, and respectful environment. From our studios in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, we work with the world's best architects on projects ranging from small office fit-outs to large, international cultural institutions - and everything in between. We incorporate many digital tools into our practice, such as 3Ds Max, Revit, Rhino/Grasshopper, Diva/Ladybug/Honeybee, AGI and Adobe CS.You are… a designer who is passionate about architecture and light! You are either:
- A recent graduate, trained in architecture, interior design, architectural engineering, lighting design, etc.
- A lighting designer with up to three years' experience
- A designer with up to three years' experience in the field of architecture
- An appreciation and understanding of architectural design and building systems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively visualize design ideas
- Creative thinking, expressed through completed academic or built design projects
- An understanding of 3D modeling and advanced design software
- Clear and effective writing
- Hand sketching
About Lam Partners
Lam Partners is a well-established architectural lighting design firm, with studios in Cambridge, MA, and Pittsburgh, PA. We combine the experience and professionalism nurtured over the 56 years of our firm's history with the creativity, flexibility, responsiveness, and cutting-edge technical excellence demanded for today's projects. Our project portfolio is very diverse, covering all types of buildings and exterior environments, located across the US and around the world. Our work includes interior and exterior electric lighting design, and our ongoing legacy of daylighting design. Lam Labs, 0ur R&D venture, provides an outlet for designers to explore ideas outside of typical projects. For more information, please visit: www.lampartners.com.
We support our staff's professional development with generous stipends and time off. We believe that a healthy personal life is essential to an effective professional life, and allow for flexible work hours and consideration of family commitments.
All applicants should send a resume and portfolio (or a link to online versions) to email@example.com.
Please indicate if you have a preference for either our Cambridge or our Pittsburgh location.
Applicants must have legal status allowing them to work in the United States.
Please respond by email only - no phone calls.