We are a team of talented lighting designers working in a highly collaborative, creative, friendly, fun, and respectful environment.
You are passionate about lighting and architecture, and have experience working in an architectural lighting design office. Your skills include:
- An appreciation and understanding of architectural design and building systems
- Excellent visualization skills, and the ability to verbally express visual ideas
- Creative thinking expressed through completed design projects
- A foundation in lighting principles and technology – photometrics, light sources and fixtures, and lighting controls
- Clear and effective business writing
- Hand sketching
- Physical modeling and mock-ups
Software Skills (Proficiency As Needed for Lighting Design):
- 3D modeling in Rhino and/or 3ds Max
- Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Microsoft Office Suite
About Lam Partners
Lam Partners is a well-established architectural lighting design firm based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, convenient to Harvard Square and the vibrant setting of the Boston area. Our project portfolio is very diverse, covering all types of buildings and exterior environments, located across the US and around the world. Our work includes interior and exterior electric lighting design and master planning, and our ongoing legacy of daylighting design, resulting in truly sustainable and inspiring projects. Our R&D department, Lam Labs, provides an outlet for designers to explore ideas outside typical projects. For more information, please visit: www.lampartners.com.
We support our staff’s professional development with generous stipends and time off. We believe that a healthy personal life is essential to an effective professional life, and allow for flexible work hours and consideration of family commitments.
All applicants should send a resume and portfolio (or a link to online versions) to email@example.com. Please respond by email only – no phone calls.
Note: Applicants must have legal status allowing them to work in the United States.