Careers at Lam
At Lam Partners, we are as enthusiastic about our collaborative, dynamic working environment as we are about lighting design.
Lighting Designers – Two or More Years of Experience
We are… a team of talented lighting designers, with diverse backgrounds in architecture, engineering, interior design, industrial design and theatrical design, working together in a collaborative, creative, fun and respectful environment. We work with the world’s best architects on projects of all types, interior and exterior. We are leaders in developing and applying the latest digital tools to lighting design, such as 3Ds Max, Rhino/Grasshopper, and Climate Studio. We form a team for each project, so everyone has a chance to learn from our collective experience and work on many project types. Every member of a project team participates in and contributes to the design process. We support everyone’s professional development with in-house training sessions, and on an individual basis with mentoring.
You are… a lighting designer with training in architecture and/or lighting design, and at least two years of experience working as an architectural lighting designer. You are ready to join a team in which you will be given challenging and exciting work, and be surrounded by the best lighting design talent, who will support you in your professional growth.
Your skills and experience include:
● Training in lighting design, architecture, or interior design
● At least two years of experience working as an architectural lighting designer
● Understanding of architectural design and building systems
● Ability to effectively visualize and communicate design ideas
● Creative thinking, expressed through completed design projects
● An understanding of 3D modeling and advanced design software
● Proficiency in the use of Revit for lighting design
● A keen eye for detail and an attention to accuracy of design documentation
● Clear and effective writing and verbal communication
● Hand sketching
For senior positions, your additional skills and experience include:
● Effectively managing lighting design projects
● Ability to take the lead in developing design solutions for your projects
● Collaborating directly with Principals and Clients as a team for each project
We believe that a healthy personal life is essential to an effective professional life, and allow for flexible work hours, opportunities to work from home and consideration of family commitments. In addition to an excellent benefits package, we support our staff’s professional development with generous stipends, time off, and reimbursements for exams, recertification fees, and membership dues. All applicants should send a resume and portfolio (or a link to online versions) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a connection to a current Lam Partners staff member, please note this in your cover letter. Applicants must be able to work legally in the US.